Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Trying to find my way back home

I've lost my way.

I'm suffering with depression. A very bad depression. I have been off work since June, 2010. I'm slowly getting better. Slowly being the operative word. The most simple things are so difficult for me. I thought that if I make a promise to write every day, things might get easier. Getting out of bed might get easier. Taking the dog for a walk won't seem like an impossible task. Eating dinner won't feel like a chore.

I have not even told many people what I am going through. There are things that I haven't even said aloud to myself. They need to get out. It may be easier to say them here first. No one knows who I am. No one will even read this other than myself. Most likely. I imagine it will be pretty boring.

I've been thinking about doing this for quite a while. My first post was in January. I didn't get very far, did I?  I like to imagine that this will be a insightful and well written archive of my journey back to "normal". I expect that it will not. My goal is to write something everyday; my to do list, what I managed to accomplish during the day, my dreams, my rants, crooked thoughts that pop into my head so often I hardly even notice they are there, or just a few words if I can't do much that day.

I wish myself good-luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment